Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011

Feeling ingredients

In my line of work, I often hear the phase "Yes, I feel a lot! But this does not mean by a long shot that I always know exactly what I am feeling."
In general, what we feel is a conglomerate of multiple feelings, in different nuances, gradations and combinations.

But as it is often much simpler to deal with feelings when you can actually identify them, it is certainly worth practicing how to recognise which feelings go into making your cocktail of feelings.

One method is to feel "pure feelings". After all, if you can recognise a key feeling in yourself, it is easier to recognise it again in the chaos.
Practice picking out individual feelings from the pack, e.g. happiness, openness or disappointment, and feel them as intensively as you can.

Over time, this will enhance your ability to recognise aspects of your own feelings and therefore improve your capacity to deal with them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen